Sunday 20 September 2009

Too much work !

I got to Friday luch time,sat down at my desk and felt bad. My colleague tried to rally me with the thought of the weekend but all I could think of was that my job was an unremitting slog, working in the day, preparing in the evening and weekends. I was not sure I could keep this up. I had been working solidly for the last 2 weeks. I knew it was time to switch off!
So this weekend I haven't prepared any work. (ok I thought about work a bit.. as I did some housework... but other than that and of course this blog entry.. nothing!


I found the series of information sheets from The college and university support network useful
Including:

Tips for managing your time and workload



Work-life Balance - what is it and how do I achieve it?

Your top tips for time management

Assertiveness: your right to say no

How working extra hours can impact you

Creative visualisation

They also have
an online support team available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They are there for straightforward questions you need an answer to, or to help you with bigger issue that are troubling you where you may need some extra support.

No comments: